As someone who was born and brought up in North East Fife, he cares passionately about the area, and will always seek to put the needs of the communities in the local area first.
As a local councillor in St Andrews, he has a proven track record of delivering and fighting for his local community.
He has demonstrated that he is a formidable campaigner, and played a leading role in the campaign for a new Madras College in St Andrews.
He has 'real life experience' of working as a town planner in the public and private sectors, delivering the development programme of a major housing association, managing multi-million pound construction projects, and working within the higher education sector - a key sector within the North East Fife economy.
If elected, Brian will:
- Work for what's best for all of the communities in North East Fife.
- Seek to tackle the low wage economy in North East Fife.
- Push to ensure that all young people have the opportunity of a job, apprenticeship or training.
- Campaign against the SNP cuts to funding for the world-class research that takes place in our local universities.
- Fight to ensure that all local children are educated in schools fit for the 21st Century.
- Support the NHS and nurses, and campaign for an NHS that's fit for Fife.
- Push for an increase in the construction of desperately needed affordable housing.